- 08/2014-now: Vice Director, Institute of Research and Development, Duy Tan University.
- 05/2012-now: Director, Center for Molecular Biology, Institute for Research and Development, Duy Tan University, Danang, Vietnam. Lecturer of Pharmacy and Medical faculties.
- 2012-now: Biochemistry lecturer for Faculties of Medicine, and Pharmacy.
- 2002-2008: Institute of Biotechnology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
- 2008-2011: Max Planck Institute, Potsdam; Institute of Biochemistry and Biology, Potsdam University, Germany.
- From 1998 to 2002: Bachelor student in Biotechnology at Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
- From 2007 to 2008: Diploma student of JGEP program in at University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi. The JGEP is a co-operation program of University of Science, Institute of Biotechnology (Vietnam) and Greifswald University (Germany). Diploma in Life science.
- From September, 2008 to December, 2011. PhD student in Cell Signaling Laboratory, Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology; and Department of Molecular Biology, Insitute of Biochemistry and Biology, University of Potsdam (Germany). PhD in Molecular Biology.
- Date of PhD defense: December 19, 2011. PhD thesis was ranked “magna cum laude”.
. Bui Tien Sy*, Hung M. Nguyen*, Nguyen Linh Toan, Le Huu Song, Christian Wolboldt, Vu Quoc Binh, Peter G. Kremsner, Thirumalaisamy P. Velavan, C.-Thomas Bock(2013) Identification of a natural inter-genotypic recombinant of hepatitis Delta virus genotypes 1 and 2 in Vietnamese HBsAg-positive patients. J Viral Hep. doi:10.1111/jvh.12228. (* first authors). (IF = 3,251; ranking = 12/34).
. Bui Tien Sy, Boris A. Ratsch, Nguyen Linh Toan, Le Huu Song,Christian Wollboldt,Agnes Bryniok,Hung M. Nguyen,Hoang Van Luong,Thirumalaisamy P. Velavan,Peter G. Kremsner,Heiner Wedemeyer, C.- Thomas Bock (2013) High prevalence and significance of hepatitis D virus infection among treatment-naïve HBsAg-positive patients in Northern Vietnam. PLoS ONE 8(10): e78094. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0078094. (IF = 4.244; ranking 7/56).
. Jos H. M. Schippers, Hung M. Nguyen, Dandan Lu, Romy Schmidt, Bernd Mueller-Roeber (2012) ROS homeostasis during development, an evolutionary conserved strategy. Cell Mol Life Sci. 69(19):3245-57. doi: 10.1007/s00018-012-1092-4 (SCI; IF = 6.359; ranking = 45/290).
. Hung M. Nguyen, Jos H.M. Schippers, Oscar Goni-Ramos, Matthias P. Christoph, Hakan Dortay, Renier A.L. van der Hoorn, Bernd Mueller-Roeber (2012) An upstream regulator of the 26S proteasome modulates organ size in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 74(1): 25-36. doi: 10.1111/tpj.12097 (SCI; IF = 7,113; ranking = 7/197).
. Nguyễn Minh Hùng, Nguyễn Thị Thuận, Nguyễn Huy Thuần, Bùi Tiến Sỹ (2015) Molecular Epidemiology of Hepatitis Delta Virus. J Sci Technol, Duy Tan University. 4(13) 135-142.
. Nguyễn Huy Thuần, Nguyễn Minh Hùng (2014) Tăng sinh các chất trao đổi thứ cấp có hoạt tính sinh học từ xạ khuẩn (actinomycetes) bằng các phương pháp công nghệ sinh học tiên tiến. Tạp chí Khoa học và Công nghệ, Đại học Duy Tân 2(11)74-85.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Nguyen Thi Thuan, Nguyen Huy Thuan, Bui Tien Sy (2014)Molecular epidemiology of hepatitis delta virus (review). Accepted toJ Sci Technol, Duy Tan university. 4(13) 135-142.
. Nguyen Minh Hung (2013) Metagenomics: A powerful tool for the study of uncultured microbes (review). J Sci Technol, Duy Tan university. 1(6):43-52.
. Nguyen Minh Hung (2012) Next generation sequencing – technology, application and prospect (reivew). J Sci Technol, Duy Tan university. 4(5):24-34.
. Pham Thi Van, Nguyen Minh Hung, Ha Viet Cuong, Le Van Son, Le Tran Binh, Chu Hoang Ha (2009) Generation of tobacco plants against tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) by using RNAi. Vietnam national conference of plant deseases. Ninhthuan province. Proceeding. 32-40.
. Pham Thi Van, Nguyen Minh Hung, Le Tran Binh, Chu Hoang Ha (2009) Sequence varieties in Potato Virus Y isolated from Song Hong river Delta provinces. Vietnamese J. Biology. 31(1):85-91.
. Pham Thi Van, Nguyen Minh Hung, Le Tran Binh, Chu Hoang Ha (2009). Determination of Cucumber Mosaic Virus on tobacco from Caobang and Hatay provinces by cloning and sequencing of Movement Protein (MP) and Coat Protein (CP) coding genes. Vietnamese J. Sci. Technol. 47(3):1-7.
. Nguyen Trung Nam, Nguyen Minh Hung, Chu Hoang Ha, Hoang Thi Thu Hang, Le Tran Binh (2008) Sequence varieties in Rice Grassy Stunt Virus strains isolated from Cuu Long river Delta provinces. Vietnamese J. Biotechnology. 5(4):1-6.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Chu Hoang Ha, Bui Chi Lang, Le Tran Binh (2007) Progress report of the papaya project. Conference of the Papaya Biotechnology Network of SEAsia, 14-15 June, Manila, Philippines. Proceeding.
. Nguyen Thi Thanh Nga, Chu Hoang Ha, Nguyen Minh Hung, Pham Thi Van, Le Tran Binh (2006) Cloning, sequencing and analysing gene coding coat protein of twelve papayra ringspot virus on cucurbitacea isolate in the North Vietnam. Sci Technol J Agr Rural dev. 20(2):13-16.
. Dieu Thi Mai Hoa, Chu Hoang Ha, Phan Trong Hoang, Nguyen Minh Hung, Le Tran Binh (2006) Comparing gene coding 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate oxydase (ACO) of four Vietnam mungbean cultivars with uniform and ununiform maturity characters. Vietnamese J. Biotechnology. 4(1):81-90.
. Chu Hoang Ha, Nguyen Minh Hung, Bui Chi Lang, Le Tran Binh (2005) Sequence varieties in the coat protein gene of papaya ringspot virus isolates from multiple locations in Vietnam. Vietnamese J. Biotechnology. 2(4):451-459.
. Chu Hoang Ha, Nguyen Minh Hung, Pham Thi Van, Le Tran Binh (2005) Progress report of the papaya project. Conference of the Papaya Biotechnology Network of SEAsia, 20-21 November, Genting Highlands, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Proceeding.
. Dinh Thi Phong, Nguyen Minh Hung, Le Menh (2005), Analysis of genetic changes of some mutant tea lines. The National Conference on Life science.Novenber 03, Hanoi. Proceeding. 1347-1350.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Chu Hoang Ha, Le Tran Binh (2005) An efficient protocol for papaya (Carica papya L.) regeneration via somatic embryogenesis induction Vietnamese J. Biotechnology. 4(2):233-239.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Chu Hoang Ha, Pham Thi Van, Le Tran Binh, Le Duy Thanh (2005) Cloning, sequencing and analysing gene encoding Nib protein of four papaya ringspot virus isolates in Vietnam. The National Conference on Life science. Novenber 03, Hanoi. Proceeding. 1254-1257.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Dinh Thi Phong, Nguyen Huu La (2004) Analysis of genomic DNA diversity of some Vietnam tea cultivars by RAPD technique. Vietnamese J. Biotechnology. 2(1):109-116.
. Nguyen Minh Hung, Dinh Thi Phong, Le Tran Binh, Le Thi Muoi (2003) Research on methylation level of genomic DNA in some rice cultivars selected by plants cell biotechnology. The Second National conference for based research in biology, agriculture and medicine. July 25-26, Hue. Proceeding. 923-926.
. Nguyen Minh Hung (2013) Regulation of shoot apical meristem and leaf primordia by transcription factors in Arabidopsis thaliana (review). J Sci Technol, Duy Tan university. 4(9):30-36.
1. Exploiting Physical Properties of Nanomaterials for Tackling Infectious Diseases. Workshop, Hanoi, Nov, 2014, funded by Royal Society of Chemistry.
2. 49th annual meeting of the european association for the study of the liver. The international congress, London, UK, 04/2014 (poster).
3. Enhancing Vaccine Design strategies:Applications for protein science, proteomics and adjuvants, 17-20 Feb, 2014, HCMC (poster).
4. Vietnam national conference for biotechnology, 09/2013, Hanoi (poster).
5. National conference on infectious deseases and HIV, Danang, 05/2013.
6. Vietnamese (MoST) – German (BMBF) Biotechnology conference, 14-18 Jan, 2013, Hanoi (oral presentation).
7. International conference on biosciences and bioelectronics, Danang, 12/2012.
8. Vietnam National Conference on liver diseases, Danang, 08/2012.
9. Asia Network of Biotechnology in papaya, Phillipines, June, 2006 (oral presentation).
10. Asia Network of Biotechnology in papaya, Genting Highlands, Malaysia, November, 2005 (oral presentation).
11. First international conference on papaya, Genting Highlands, Malaysia, 11/2005.
12. Botanikertagung 2011, 18 - 23 September 2011, Berlin, Germany (poster).
13. The 1st International conference on plant proteases 2011, from biology to biotechnology, April 10-14, 2011 in Hemavan, Sweden (poster).
14. Havel-Spree-Colloquium December 7, 2010, Free University, Berlin, Germany (oral presentation).
15. Regulation of Plant Growth, Potsdam University, Germany, 12-14 April, 2010. (poster).
16. National Conference of Biotechnology 2009, Thai Nguyen University, Vietnam, 26-27 November, 2009 (oral presentation).
- 2014-2016: Molecular epidemiology of Hepatitis Delta Virus (HDV) in HBsAg-positive patients in the middle of Vietnam. National project (Nafosted project). Principle investigator.
- 2013-2015: Identification of the function and the regulation of genes expressed in Bacillus licheniformis under phosphate starvation conditions for the construction of nutrient regulated expression systems. National Project (Nafosted project). Key project member.
- 05-08/2014: Scientific exchange at Department of Biotechnology, Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom. I successfully expressed some antigens of HBV and HDV in Pichia pastoris (funded by British Council).
- 03-05/2013: Scientific exchange at Department of Virus, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany. Studying on molecular epidemiology of Hepatitis B and D viruses (funded by Duy Tan university).
- 05/2012-12/2014: Writing proposal and establishing the molecular biology lab at Duy Tan University (funded by Duy Tan University).
- 09/2008-12/2011: Transcriptional regulation by transcription factors (PhD project) (funded by Vietnam MoET, DAAD and German GoFoSys).
- 2007: Identification of GMO or NON-GMO of Vietnam rice before exporting.
- 2007: Sequence varieties in rice grassy stunt virus (RGSV) strains isolated from Cuulong river delta provinces (funded by VAST).
- 2007-2010: Joining a project of creating fruit crops resistant to various viruses by multigene transformation (Vietnam National project).
- 2004-2006: Collecting and isolating pathogenous viral genes of three crops belonging to Solonaceae: tobacco, potato and tomato to design viral diagnostic Kits and create transgenic material (funded by VAST).
- 2003-2008: Joining an international project (ISAAA) including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippine, Thailand, USA and Vietnam about "Papaya biotechnology Network of Southeast Asia”". My missions: cloning and designing recombinant vectors of coat protein (CP) and Nib genes, and establising a procedure of papaya transformation and generating transgenic papaya resistant to PRSV (papaya ringspot virus) (funded by USDA).
- 2002-2003: Research on genetic diversity of Vietnam green tea cultivars.
- PhD scholarship from MoET, DAAD and Potsdam University.
- Prize for best young scientist at National Congress of Biotechnology, Thai Nguyen University, 2011.
- Mitsubishi Scholarship – Japan for 05 excellent students in 2000, University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
- Annual scholarships for best students at University of Science, Vietnam National University, Hanoi.